Looking back there are lots of other reasons that I am a solid PG fan. Over his long career his has driven for the democracy of world music as well as oppressed peoples. His early forays into CD-rom multi media and the music downloads biz opened doors that whole industries have followed through.
A creative force right from the start of his early music days with Genesis, PG has built an impressive opus of solo albums, live work, film scores, music vids and political influence. This is celebrity status built on a long solid foundation of delivered greatness.
PG resonates with me because:
- His concerts rock and surprise and lift and deliver as only the best live gigs can.
- He looked after his Dad
- Innovated beyond the stage and on the stage.
- Reinvention of himself but still dug back to the glory days
- Take time to get it right
- Elders.org - lets see how that delivers
- Took a year out to travel with his family
- Does his own bootleg albums ( Encore series )
- I so wanted to sing that duet (or just be next to) Kate Bush
|Personal favourite album & track is "I have the touch" on the Security album. A real HiFi tester with a subtle influence of world rhythms in a tasty rock shell. Was used as the sound track for the feature film Birdy.|
|A story of post war PTS recovery told through the eyes of two friends. PG songs integrated into sound track. His other movie scores have been more mood music orientated.|
|Many concerts available as "bootleg" recordings direct from the house sound deck and sold via the Encore series.|
|Sledgehammer - most played MTV video ever|
|Go see a PG concert if you ever possibly can. Or check out the footage on www.PeterGaberial.com|