Important - Vechicle Safety Recall
BMW have announced today a new safety recall of John Cooper Works high-performance MINIs. The details of this recall are presented in this letter but please check with your local BMW dealership for further information. Models impacted are MINI R51.. R60 and F54 & F56 with JCW modified engines.
As part of ongoing quality analysis at BMW mini it has been determined that excessive travel of the accelerator pedal in these cars can result in high and sustained vehicle speed. As part of the safety recall JCW mini's will be also be adjusted to comply with the new EU rules and directives due to come into force in 2020.
As part of the recall process the following works will be undertaken:
* Areo devices and spoilers will be reversed to create upforce.
* Anti-lock brakes (ABS systems) will be adjusted to become always-lock brakes (ALB).
* All-4 Drive systems will be reconfigured to power one wheel at a time.
* Tyres are to be resized to ratios 80 profile and above.
* Navigation systems will be updated to "shout like your mother" if the current speed limit is exceeded.
* Vehicle suspension struts and shock absorbers will be un-slammed to ensure wheel arch clearance is enough for an EU bureaucrats head.
During the recall.Cars that are subject to this recall should be taken to the nearest BMW dealership as soon as possible. To avoid disappointment with small underpowered micro hatch cars, replacement vehicles will not be provided. Instead an "Uber golden ride multi tickets" will be issued to each customer. These tickets are of course valid in all three of the major UK cities.
The vehicle rework time is unknown so please be prepared to be without your vehicle for an extended period of time. Rest assured the vehicle will be washed and hoovered before its return.
Thank you for your understanding during this vital safety recall program.
: Not for for public release before 1st April 2019
Feast your eyes on this R60 JCW All-4 Countryman